July's journal club topic will be Cardiology and will be hosted by Dr. Wendell, Dr. Wood and Dr. Wood, & Dr. Meehan-Coussee
1. Hansen M et al. Time to Epinephrine Administration and Survival from Non-Shockable Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Among Children and Adults. Circulation. 2018 May 8;137(19):2032-2040.
2. Mentzelopoulos S et al. Vasopressin, Steroids, and Epinephrine and Neurologically Favorable Survival After In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2013 Jul 17:310(3):270-9.
3. Schwartz M, Ferreira J and Aaronson P. The Impact of Push-Dose Phenylephrine Use on Subsequent Preload Expansion in the ED Setting. Am J Emerg Med. 2016 Dec;34(12);2419-2422.
4. Acquisto N, Bodkin R and Johnstone C. Medication Errors with Push Dose Pressors in the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Units. Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Dec;35(12): 1964-1965.
5. Djogovic D et al. Vasopressor and Inotrope Use in Canadian Emergency Departments: Evidence Based Consensus Guidelines. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2015 Feb; 17(1): 1-2.
6. Lundin A et al., Drug Therapy in Cardiac Arrest: A Review of the Literature. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother. 2016 Jan; 2(1), 54-75.
Residents, Click here for the Journal Club Article Summary Template